- Feel moody because I'm not running as much
- Drive my friends bonkers by discussing my night-before meal and available choices for it in St. George, UT ad nauseam (veggie burger + sweet potato fries)
- Experience phantom pains all over my body: Is my elbow injured?
- Review blog post after blog post about the race, the Veyo Hill and about how there is no beer at the finish line
- Decide on a pacing strategy, change my mind and then change my mind back.
- Read Surviving the Marathon Freak-Out in one-sitting during my lunch break
It seemed like a good idea way back when I entered the lottery for the St. George Marathon. I'll use it as a training run! I'll practice my pacing and nutrition. Now that race week is here, hmmm, not so sure. I'm going with it.
Week 9 (9 weeks to CIM)
Monday, September 26: Rest Day
Tuesday, September 27: 8 miles + speed
Wednesday, September 28: 5 miles, easy
Thursday, September 29: 6 miles, easy
Friday, September 30: 3 miles, shakeout
Saturday, October 1: 26.2 miles, (at least 16 miles goal marathon pace)
Sunday, October 2: REST