- Feel moody because I'm not running as much
- Drive my friends bonkers by discussing my night-before meal and available choices for it in St. George, UT ad nauseam (veggie burger + sweet potato fries)
- Experience phantom pains all over my body: Is my elbow injured?
- Review blog post after blog post about the race, the Veyo Hill and about how there is no beer at the finish line
- Decide on a pacing strategy, change my mind and then change my mind back.
- Read Surviving the Marathon Freak-Out in one-sitting during my lunch break
It seemed like a good idea way back when I entered the lottery for the St. George Marathon. I'll use it as a training run! I'll practice my pacing and nutrition. Now that race week is here, hmmm, not so sure. I'm going with it.
Week 9 (9 weeks to CIM)
Monday, September 26: Rest Day
Tuesday, September 27: 8 miles + speed
Wednesday, September 28: 5 miles, easy
Thursday, September 29: 6 miles, easy
Friday, September 30: 3 miles, shakeout
Saturday, October 1: 26.2 miles, (at least 16 miles goal marathon pace)
Sunday, October 2: REST
Good luck! Take it easy on Sunday and don't worry too much about pace - save it for the goal race!ReplyDelete
Ps veggie burger and sweet potato fries sound like a good pre race meal to me!
What is 'no beer at the finish line?' haha. You are going to be awesome and I've heard such great things about this race. Enjoy! (And make Paul bring you beer!)ReplyDelete
Enjoy the marathon this weekend! I've heard St. George Marathon has the most gorgeous course. You've got this! :)ReplyDelete