- Monday: Easy 3 miles to start the week and plan to warm-up for weight-lifting. Squats, deadlifts and box jumps--my favorite day! Jasyoga video: Booty Lock Mitigation (making pre-hab a priority this year, with rolling and/or yoga every day).
- Tuesday: Workout Run. Easy 2 miles warm-up, followed by drills & 4X100 meter strides (adding drills and strides as prescribed by Coach Becki make me feel hardcore. Hee!). 4 x 2 minutes at 10k pace: 7:49,7:48, 7:42, 7:44. Easy 2 mile cool-down. Glute exercises for 20 minutes in the PM.
- Wednesday: Easy 4 miles warm-up for weight-lifting. Shoulder press, chest press and pull-ups.
- Thursday: Tempo Run. 2 mile warm-up, 3 miles at tempo (8:33,8:23,8:18), 2 mile cool-down. Jasyoga video: Hip Mobility Maintenance.
- Friday: 30 minutes tabata class, 1 hour Pilates, 1 hour TRX class. No running.
- Saturday: Long Run. I moved my long run from Sunday because we went to a NYE party on Saturday and I did not want to run long on Sunday. Coach Becki said to run for 90 minutes and report back my distance and pace. I ended up running 10.1 miles at an average 8:54/mile--a bit too fast for a long run. I pushed myself because it was raining. And I was hungry. I earned my breakfast burrito. :)
- Sunday: 30 minutes easy run (3.4 miles). We joined a gym (on Jan 1!) near our house. It's 1/2 mile jog or if you jaywalk, only a 1/4 mile from our front door. We went back in the evening to workout, so I tested out the treadmills and ran 2.1 bonus miles.
2017 Miles: 5.5 miles
(Not mentioned: my friend and training partner, Dani joins me when she can and I spend 10-20 minutes before each run activating my glutes)
I joined Courtney of Eat Pray Run DC's Training Recap Link-up. Have fun reading other training journeys. :)
Nice - great work! Thank you for linking up - I think you're gonna have a great race :)ReplyDelete